Nolatet’s Dogs was released in February last year. A four piece band comprised of piano, vibes, bass and drums, all driven by seasoned veterans of improvised music who’ve collaborated in different settings for many years. The recording is fantastic – live, open and dynamic. If you’re a fan of improvised music, I recommend this record.
So, was 2016 a good year for music? I dunno…I think so. While I did attempt to stay plugged in, it’s just too much. Not sure if it was a good year for music in general. Plus, it’s such a personal choice. For me, the musical output far out-shined many other developments of the past 12 months. […]
Lately, I’ve been accumulating large amounts of music via Tidal and Roon. In combination these apps make one incredible tool for discovery. Thousands of records at your fingertips, killer sound quality, and, if you choose to dive, the rabbit hole awaits. Making connections between artists and music we appreciate deepens the experience. Improvised music is […]
- thenewold.co cast 6: Toolshed Amps is back, Data over Powerlines, Altec Lansing A8 Crossover Updates and More Music
- The New Old Cast #5: Inaudible Solo, Tidal music, Roon and more music
- The New Old Cast Week 4 – Schiit Yggdrasil and Talk Talk
- Ramblings of a Shallows Dweller
- Altec Lansing A8 -VoTT – New Crossover Updates